1. Who we are
- 1.1. Harlow District Scout Council (Harlow & District Scouts) is a registered charity in England and Wales with registration number 302054 and website address https://www.harlowscouts.org.uk including all applicable subdomains.
2. About this policy
- 2.1. Access to and use of this website is restricted to users in Great Britain and is provided by Harlow District Scout Council. These terms apply to your use of this website and shall take effect immediately from your first use of this website and thereafter. Please note, in order to use this website you must agree to be bound by all the terms provided (please note, if you do not agree to be bound all the terms herein, Harlow District Scout Council does not permit you to access, use and/or contribute to this website).
- 2.2. Harlow District Scout Council may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these on a regular basis. Your continued use of this website will be deemed acceptance of any updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on this website then the latter shall prevail in relation to the matter to which it specifically relates.
3. Use of this website
- 3.1. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this website.
4. Intellectual property
- 4.1. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on this website and all content (including all applications) located on this website shall remain the property of the license holders.
- 4.2. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use or non-commercial use directly related to Scouting within the UK. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any website content except for your own personal use. Any other use of this website content requires the prior written permission of Harlow District Scout Council.
- 4.3. The names, images and logos identifying The Scout Association, Scout Shops, Unity Insurance Services, Scout Activity Centres or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Scout Association and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of The Scout Association or any other third party.
5. How long we retain your data
- 5.1. If you submit your data using one of our web forms we will retain your data for a period of seven days during which time your data may be passed to other systems to allow us to process your request in line with the consent you provided at the time of form submission.
- 5.2. We may link to third party websites to increase the usability and completeness of the information on this website. When you access a third party website from this website we collect the URL you clicked on, the target URL you are redirected to, the date and time of your visit, your browser agent, the HTTP method, and the redirect agent. We retain this data for a period of seven days.
6. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- 6.1. The content posted on this website is created by Scouting volunteers. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Harlow District Scout Council. Harlow District Scout Council is not responsible for any content posted by Scouting volunteers on this website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through this website. Any links to third party websites from this website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Harlow District Scout Council and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- 6.2. This website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Harlow District Scout Council, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘AS AVAILABLE’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, Harlow District Scout Council excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Harlow District Scout Council does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of this website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Harlow District Scout Council is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Harlow District Scout Council for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on this website.
- 6.3. You agree to indemnify Harlow District Scout Council and/or Harlow District Scout Council’s trustees or volunteers, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website.
- 6.4. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Harlow District Scout Council’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Harlow District Scout Council shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- (a) loss of data;
(b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
(c) loss of business;
(d) loss of opportunity;
(e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
(f) losses suffered by third parties; or
(g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of harlowscouts.org.uk regardless of the form of action.
- 6.5. Harlow District Scout Council does not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- 7.1. If anything in this policy is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- 7.2. The failure or delay of Harlow District Scout Council to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Harlow District Scout Council’s right to enforce that right.
- 7.3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- 7.4 When donating to Harlow District Scout Council, we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties with regard to any donation you make to Harlow District Scout Council.
- 7.5. If required, please contact Harlow District Scout Council about this policy by email at [email protected]
- 7.6. All Leaders, Trustees, and Supporters are volunteers who give their time generously and freely. Without them the District would not exist. Please consider joining them and volunteering. We guarantee that it will be more fun than reading this policy!